Monday, December 5, 2011

A Bartering Christmas

Obviously this year Christmas is tough for us, with a new house and the cost everything that comes with it we are on a tight budget. Imagine my delight when my genius sis-in-law suggested that perhaps this year we barter for Christmas. I think it's a fabulous idea. So in exchange for them helping us with the new house projects (painting, sewing, moving, etc.) we will babysit the kiddos, so they can have some date nights (or sleep). We decided we will still do something small so we all have something to open come Christmas, but still, much easier. I only wish I could get my family on board with this idea.

Even without my family bartering, I think we did a pretty bang up job for Christmas this year, watching the sales and knowing exactly what we wanted to get each person really helped. As for Andy and I, we also have a limited budget for each other and a challenge to only fill our stockings. It's going to be a little bit difficult but I think it's going to be a lot of fun to see what we each come up with and if there will be any "cheating" involved.

Anyone else having a budget type Christmas? What are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome idea! I've not done that before but I might steal it in future years :)

    We're actually not really having a budget-type Christmas this year (well, to some people maybe it would seem we are but to us it doesn't seem like it!). I'm kind of super excited about it haha. In years past we were students, broke, planning for a wedding, buying a house, etc. And my husband might be going back to school for his MBA this year which would mean a least 3 more years of broke-ness, so I'm trying to soak up all the not-super-tight-budget-happy this year while I can haha.

    -Corgi/Rachel (blogger hates me again today and won't let me comment under my blog name)

    ReplyDelete