Does anyone remember that movie? Anywho...
Andy and I recently had the opportunity to babysit our little nephew this past Friday night and I have to say it was awesome. Yes, it was hard and it was exhausting but it was really great to see Andy in action with a baby and get an idea of what he will be like with our kids. I have to say as well that we may have not had a realistic idea of handing a baby because our nephew is such a good baby. Really, I mean he hardly cried at all the entire night.
Look at that little guy, how adorable is he?
The problems arose were more because of the puppy than because of the nephew. It was really difficult to manage the baby and the puppy at the same time, between diapers and bottles and taking the puppy out and accidents, we had our hands full. It was a learning experience for sure, we both know that we are not ready for kids any time soon. Being newlyweds with a puppy is enough for now, but we will definitely be willing and ready to babysit the little guy whenever bro and sis-in-law need someone.
Has anyone else had a chance to babysitas a newlywed? Did it make you want kids more or want to wait?

I don't ever get to babysit :( No babies in my family except my 2 yr old cousin who lives halfway across the country. And uh YEA a puppy and a baby!?!? You are lucky to survive!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour nephew is adorable by the way!!!