Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Frustrated to fantastic

I try not to be too much of a downer, being positive is much more productive in my personal opinion, but the last couple of days has really tested my positivity. I've been working for 13 days straight, I'm tired, and I really have been missing people, my friends, family, and my husband. I don't have a day off from both of my jobs until next Wednesday so I'm a little frustrated. With my working so much and working primarily at night I don't get nearly as much time to do the things I would like to do or spend my time with the people I love. This was the plan, Andy and I knew this was the plan and we knew it would be hard. We understood, that we would be working our butts off for a year to get our stuff in a pile and be able to do the things we want to do. I know this. It's just a lot harder than I imagined it to be. Not only that but I haven't made many friends in our new hometown and we have been here for nearly 5 months. I miss having friends to hang out with, a friend I could call randomly and see if they wanted to catch a movie. I have been a little whiney and crabby the past few days about all this stuff, but my fantastic husband turned it all around last night.

Last night I arrived home and he got me something to eat, got a fire going, made some chocolate fondue with strawberries and had some sparkling wine for us to drink. He took a nap after he got home from work so we could hang out together later and spend some quality time together. As if that wasn't enough, we found a meet-up group for young couples that we are going to check out and hopefully meet some peeps we would enjoy hanging out with! Honestly, he is such an amazing guy, I don't know how I got so lucky. Last night really enforced my belief that being positive is a lot more productive than being negative. I need to appreciate the time I do get with Andy and look forward to the time I will get to spend with a great friend (who will be in town next Wednesday!). Instead of being sad and mopey about something I need to look for ways to improve it.

1 comment:

  1. It's SO HARD to make couple-friends. Where did you find the group? That sounds AWESOME! Good for you for doing something about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete