Wednesday, March 16, 2011

11 Months of Marriage and other nonsense

Today marks 11 months of marriage for us! I can't even believe we have almost been married a year, even more than that I can't believe I haven't finished my recaps on my wedding blog. Bad blogger, no cookie. There has been a lot happening in the SalTal household as of late, in fact it's been downright crazy. I should make more time to blog but it just doesn't happen. Andy working from home and using the only computer we have kind of puts a kink in things. So what's new with me/us? Well I'll tell you:

  1. Let's start with the sad news first. Andy's grandma passed away a couple weeks ago. She lived a long life and it wasn't completely unexpected but it was still hard for Andy. We had the funeral to attend up north, which meant we got to see all of Andy's family which was the bright side of a sad event. I think he is doing okay, he won't really talk about any of it, which I understand. I have just been trying to be there for him any way I possibly can.
  2. We have been formally pre-approved for our mortgage to buy a house as of yesterday. We were kind of bad and went looking before we were pre-approved but none of the houses were crazy expensive, which made it a little better. Now that we have our pre-approval letter I feel a little better about looking and I hope that we find something perfect for us in our budget, which I'm sure we will. Our next trip up to Toledo is in the end of March and we have four new houses to look at and one from our first round of house hunting that we are looking at again. All and all I think we will find the perfect starter home. 
  3. Andy and I discussed it and I will (hopefully, so long as I get accepted) be starting grad school in the fall. We have been going around and around on this decision, debating when the perfect time to go back to school would be, but the truth is, there isn't a perfect time, there is never going to be enough money or time or energy. So I finally decided that I have to do what's right for me. I'm kind of sick of being directionless when it comes to my professional life and working at whatever job I can find so we can get by. I know what I want to be finally and I don't want to put it off any longer. So I'm going for my Masters in Library and Information Science. I'm thrilled with this decision, I love working at the library and would love to make it a career. I will have to find a job in Toledo that will allow me to work on my classes (I'm doing an online program) and pay enough to pay the bills but it seems less depressing if I will be working on my career.
  4. I put in my two weeks at my non library job. I am feeling really mixed up about this one. Although I am happy because I will have more time to focus on packing the house for our move and cleaning, I am sad because I enjoyed it there. After some debate and discussion Andy and I decided that the effort (bouncing from one job to the next, taking away days off) wasn't worth what I was getting (one to two shifts a week). I knew that eventually I was going to quit, I just thought it wouldn't be until we moved. I think it was the right move for me, one shift a week wasn't really helping us out financially and since it was normally on a day or night that I would have off of my other job it was taking time away from Andy. I guess we will see how it feels in another week after I am officially done working there.
So that is what is new with us/me! Hope all is well out there in blogger land. Promise to try to post more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment