Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beige begone

One of the more problematic aspects of building was the paint color; builder beige as it is more affectionately known. It's in our whole house and while it's a nice beige, its not what you want to stare at day after day. So on Labor Day weekend we decided to chip away at the beige. We had already painted our living room and part of the front room, but we decided the front room was too dark so we did a redo of the three walls in New Bamboo by Behr. The forth wall we did in Weathered Moss by Behr. Take a look:

I'll be honest, the green is bright. I'm not sure about it. I love the grey, I am considering doing the whole room in that color but I'm going to live with it with the floors in and see how I feel. We also decided to paint our bedroom as well in Pencil Point also by Behr.

I love how the dark grey contrasts with the white furniture, but it's so dark I was scared to do all the walls so I stopped with one and will again live with it for a bit before I decide what to do. I will also take opinions on all of the above, please and thank you!

 

1 comment:

  1. gah i wrote a long comment then blogger deleted it. Summary:
    light grey- love
    green- want to love but i agree you should wait and see with everything else
    dark grey- love but agree it might be too much with all four walls, maybe do the other 3 the light grey or do them all but then add a design in light grey like this? http://pinterest.com/pin/213006257345272698/

    ReplyDelete