Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Realization

Over the holidays Andy and I had a lot of time to do some soul searching and we talked a lot. We talked about kids, our future, where we were and where we would like to be. It was amazing to connect with my husband like that. Between my two jobs which are primarily second shift and his job we rarely have time like that where we can just talk and laugh. I think I realized how much I miss him, even more I got to see how truly unhappy he is right now, which is killing me. My husband is not a negative person, he is as happy go lucky as they come so for him to be down I know that something is up. I'm tried my hardest (and am still trying) to raise his spirits, I think I'm doing an okay job of it, but I know that things need to change in order for him to get out of his funk After talking to him about it, I think that he made me realize that we neither of us are happy. I mean we are happy together, our marriage is solid, in fact it rocks, but I mean with other stuff. I mean I love my jobs, L-O-V-E, love them, but is that really enough? And that's just me, what about Andy? We have family nearby, which is fantastic but our schedules are kind of  oppressive and don't leave a lot of room for social time. Our living situation and budget are so restrictive that we have to weigh the cost of everything we do before we do it. It's not exactly living the high life. In fact it's pretty miserable. We miss our friends, I miss my family, we miss the town that we basically grew up in, where we met and fell in love, and yet I can't help but feel that maybe we haven't given this place a chance. We have problems but no solution. For the first time in a long time I just don't know what to do and neither does Andy, usually between the two of us we can fix any problem, but not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment