Monday, July 25, 2011

Furniture love...

Alternative title: I don't need to eat.

With a new house on the way I'm getting crazy excited about the decorating aspect. I've already started DIY projects and bought a couple smaller pieces for the new place. Plus I spend a little exorbitant time on Pinterest searching for ideas to make my own and furniture that I would love to have. One thing led to another last night and I found this:


 
This is the Avery Bed by Chatham Hill Furniture

I am in love with this bed. I love the worn rustic look, the three raised panels, everything about it really. Except for the price tag. (I will say that it is a custom made piece of furniture made out of solid wood that you can customize the color, so I understand the following price tag) It's $6,000. Yeah. I know. Bye, bye dream bed. I wonder if there is any way to DIY something similar. I highly doubt it. 

If you have any ideas or know where I might find something to suit our needs let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh... it's so cute! You could totally get this bed from VCF for $500 and then do the paint finish yourself! It would be pretty easy to get a similar look and would be way less than the custom bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would help to add link http://www.vcf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10153&langId=-1&partNumber=1358324&N=4294966666+0+4294967163&Nao=34&Ns=P_Price%7c1&categoryId=4294967293&referrer=shelfPage

    ReplyDelete