Let us take a break from the building to discuss what happens after the building is done. We will have a house, a whole 2,100 square feet that will be ours. We can paint, we can buy furniture, we can settle down, we can decorate! I finally get to nest!!! YAY!!! For the last 4 years we have moved every year, we have lived in apartments and places that I can't do anything with and I haven't really bothered because who cares? It isn't mine. We haven't spent money on furniture, we haven't invested a lot into decorating because there either wasn't enough space or enough money or both. Our stuff is just a giant mismatch of what we had pre-marriage (most of which is decent furniture but it doesn't match) and gifts from our wedding (which is really nice but mostly kitchen stuff).Well now we will have the space but we have to be careful with the money part. I can't break the bank to do the projects I want to do. Therefore I have spent a lot of time on Pinterest searching for ideas and ways to decorate on a dime. Combine this with a crazy crafting urge and we get these:
The top picture is a monogram in a frame. All I did was buy a chipboard letter "T", an open frame, a piece of scrapbook paper, and some backing. I painted the "T" and glued the scrapbook paper on the backing. I still need to attach the "T" to the backing but I'm debating on which method to use to attach it. Best part, it was less than $20. Woot!
The bottom picture is some embroidery hoops and fabric. I just stretched the fabric over the hoops and closed. Super easy, like less than 5 minutes and super cheap (less than $15). Once I'm done cutting the fabric I'm going to group it on the wall. The best part is that I can use any fabric and easily change this to work in any room.
I found variables of both these projects on Pinterest and just made them my own. There are many more projects I want to try out and I can't wait.
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
4 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment