Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-choices

I left off telling you my dear readers that Andy and I have decided to move, but I didn't tell you where. Before, when the move was off in the distant future Mr. Tal and I had created a list of places we would like to move. Most of these choices on our list were based on very different factors, it was a really odd list. There were some cohesive elements we looked for in every place we considered, great selection of all around activities (parks, sports teams, museums etc.), easy access to day/weekend trips, cost of living similar to where we are currently living, and of course if we could both find work there. There are a million places that offer all those things so we looked for places that offered something different for us. Do you wanna see the list? Okay, here goes.

Here it is in no particular order (all images courtesy of google search):

Where: The Pacific Northwest
Reason it made the list: It's just absolutly beautiful, has everything nature-wise mountains, forests, oceans, all of which are really important to Andy.


Where: Columbus, OH
Reason it made the list: Family, family, family, is a huge reason for this one. We wouldn't be too far from my family and Andy's immediate family is in the area.


Where: Raleigh, NC
Reasons it made the list: UNC has an amazing graduate program in both History and Library Sciences, added bonus is that it isn't too far from the ocean or the mountains.

Where: Orlando, FL
Reasons it made the list: It's Mickey mouse land, what's not to love? Okay, in all seriousness, I love Orlando and a few of our good friends live in Florida now so we would know some people.

So those are our choices, anyone living in any of these places care to weigh in with some pros and cons? It won't change the immediate decision but it might help us out in our future endeavors. Oh, you thought you were going to get an answer today? What's the fun in that?

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog from over at weddingbee. And THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING MEEEEEEE! Can't wait to hear where you end up. I'm in Indianapolis but would love to be in Raleigh (I went to school in NC) or FL (TEMPERATURES!) or NJ, where ALL my huge family is. I'm excited to find out what your decision was!

    ReplyDelete