Thursday, September 16, 2010

Exploring our new digs

We have lived in Columbus for a little over two months and we have yet to really explore the area. It seems like every weekend we have a family engagement or something planned but we have made strides to see a few places in the area, let me share.

See the last weekend of July was my birthday weekend and I wanted to do a little exploring and find something fun to do so I suggested the Columbus Zoo. One we got there we noticed that memberships were not all that expensive for two people so we bought a membership that last for a year from the date of purchase.  It was a great choice because we have already been twice and plan on going again when the weather is a bit crisper and then around Christmas when they deck the place out in Christmas lights. Not only does the membership cover our admission but also our parking (score!) so the thing has practically paid for itself. Plus the zoo is seriously award winningly awesome, the exhibits are great, it's huge, it's just a great all around zoo. If you are ever in the area, check it out for sure.

The only other area we have really checked out in Columbus is the outdoor mall, Easton which I happen to love to go to take a stroll through, though that may change when the weather turns cooler. It's just a huge outdoor space to take a nice walk and check out a few shops, though it can get a bit crowded at times.

We did take the pups hiking two weeks ago in Hocking Hills, which is only about a hour from our house. It's like the Smokey Mountains of Ohio. That was an awesome day trip for us, some great trails and beautiful scenery. I imagine that there will be many future trips there as well, maybe even a romantic weekend getaway to one of the many cabins.

I do hope we get out a bit more to check out our new city and that I can share it with you all a little more. Hope you all have a great day and I will post again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Score! I love zoos, and it seems like yours is a real bargain.

    ReplyDelete