Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My nerdy-ness shines through

I'm not completely sure if I ever really let everyone in on the geekery that takes place in our household. Andy is a certified geek through and through, he had a stack of magic cards, played World of Warcraft for a long time, knows the Lord of the Rings movies by heart, all theses things I find adorable and I love about him. I am semi-geek as well Andy says I am more of a nerd, and there is a difference I promise you. Call a geek a nerd and you'll be sorry, in the sense that you'll be lectured on the subtle complex differences of each label (which is BORING). However, I digress. My biggest geek/nerd weakness? Reading, I could stay at home all day and just read and read and read until my eyesight goes bad. Now I know many of you might think, reading, big deal, that doesn't make you a geek. I agree. It is my favorite books series that places me in the nerd category. The fact that I lined up to buy the last couple of books when they were released, I have and will go to future movie releases at midnight to see it on the big screen, and I can lay down trivia about this series like it's nobody's business. I have read this series multiple times, cried when characters have died and gave myself headaches to finish books in mere hours. It is a book series I love so much I am permanently placing a reminder of it in my skin.

Anyone hazard a guess as to what book series I am talking about? Before I let you know I want to explain a little more in depth. I have two tattoos both mean something to me, one was an impulse decision which both my best friend from high school and I have as a reminder of our pretty much life long friendship. The other is a Celtic knot that I have loved since I was 14. I don't regret either of these tattoos I love them both, but neither are truly unique, since my best friend has a copy of one and the other was a flash design of the knot-work I picked off the Internet, which anyone could have. I have wanted to get another tattoo for some time and I have wanted to do it with Andy. He was tattoo free until recently when we made the decision to go and get tattoos together about a week ago. I won't let you in on his tattoo that is his own story that he should share with you when he is ready. However, my tattoo wasn't able to be completed that day as I wasn't completely confident about the design. I knew I wanted something to remind me of my favorite book series but I wanted only people who had read and knew the books to know what my tattoo meant since it will be visible some of the time. So I worked to design it and I ended up with a simple design that could be added to if needed, then I scheduled my appointment for this Friday at 12:30.

Should I reveal my tattoo today or not? I suppose I will seeing as I don't know when I will be able to write next. My tattoos (yes, I am getting two) will be on my feet, on my left foot the word Lumos and on my right the word Nox, both written in very pretty font that took hours to pick out. Yes everyone, I am a Harry Potter geek. I have loved the series for years and every time I read it I feel like a kid again, I get enthralled and can't put it down, I know that I will never be tired of those books ever.

So Friday I will probably post some pictures of my new artwork to let everyone see. And please don't be too harsh.

1 comment: