Thursday, August 4, 2011

Breaking ground!

Andy and I were enjoying our last day of vacation yesterday and I received a phone call. At first I thought it was a call about a job I recently interviewed for so I freaked out a little. Then the caller said she was Erika and I started smiling like crazy because I knew. Meanwhile, Andy is standing there looking at me like "What is happening?". She told me that our permits had come through and they were ready to break ground next Wednesday, August 10th! Therefore we needed to meet with our contractor to discuss the build before Wednesday. After some "I'm so excited!"'s she asked if I wanted to discuss a time and day with Andy and call her back which I did. I got off the phone and we had our moment of "Oh my goodness!!! YAY!". Then we discussed, picked Tuesday at noon, and called back.

It's getting real. For the past few weeks it has seemed a little surreal, almost like this isn't going to happen. It's really hard to believe in just 5 or so short months our house is going to be done and we can move in (really???). I mean we picked our lot, floor plan, tile, flooring, paint, everything weeks ago. Since then we have basically been sitting on our thumbs house-wise. We have gone to the lot more times than I can count. We were excited when the road got paved, then when they put the street sign up, then a stop sign. We have taken great pleasure in the little things. However, now we are going to be breaking ground and I have a feeling it's going to fly. We have been watching some of the other houses going up on other streets and it seems like in the last month it went from a foundation to a whole house so quickly. Trust me we will be there everyday to document the progress and you all will be there for the ride, right?

Eee, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment