It seems like every time we ask this question lately the answer is the guest room. Which I finally have pictures of. So instead of boring you with tedious words I'll just get to the good stuff right now.
Here's the breakdown. Bed, nightstand, floating book shelves, curtains and lamps we already had. We bought the bedspread and sheets from IKEA. We bought the cupboard from JCPenney Outlet and painted it using this awesome tutorial. The mirror, flower arrangement, picture frame, and the embroidery hoop wall art were all bought and/or created with materials from Hobby Lobby. Roughly the total cost for this room was $125, not including the price of the things we already have.
There you have it. The pictures don't re-size very well with the Canon (I think we need Photoshop or something?) and I can't get a good shot of it all together, the room is just too small, I wish I could because I think it flows nicely. There are a few things I want to add, maybe a shelf and a clock maybe even another piece of wall art, but the big things are done like color and furniture. In the new house the set up will look a bit different because the guest room has double windows. I will probably add green/blue curtains and also paint the standing floor lamp a shade of green from the bedspread. Overall, I think that the use of what we had mixed with what we bought worked out well. I was worried the bed and night stand was too modern for the country-like feeling I was going for, but I think it turned out nicely.
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
4 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment