I finally have access to the interwebs folks! We just got our internet and cable connected on Sunday, so freaking crazy! Anyway, that's my excuse for being gone for so long, plus the whole moving thing. Good news is we are all moved in to our house, not that we aren't unpacked nor do we have anything in the slightest semblance of order but we are working on it. Let me tell you having four days to get out of the old house and into the new house was crazy hard. It was so stressful and tiring but so worth it since we are in OUR house. We are homeowners, it still doesn't feel completely real, like some days I will be sitting in the living room and think "Oh my gosh, this is our house, we own it!" It sounds weird but I still do that sometimes about being married. I think it's the whole feeling like a grown up thing, I still see myself as a kid in college (and act like it).
Anyway, we are completely loving our place for the most part, there are a few minor annoyances but nothing too major. For example we don't have sod so our yard is just mud right now so we have to walk the dogs, which we haven't had to do in nearly 2 years.We freak out at any damage we do to the house (like a hunk of drywall that was taken out when we were moving furniture in). Plus no one can find us, since we aren't on Google Maps, people like the pizza delivery dude and our internet and cable provider. Other than that things are great. We've been working on organizing and unpacking, slowly but surely. We need to get our butts in gear though because the first weekend in February we are having a house warming party and I would like to have most of the house set up and organized. I actually planned the party to motivate us a little more, I think it's working.
Anyway, that's my little update, I've got a lot to share about the projects we've completed since moving in and all the projects I want to undertake in the near future. I promise to post a little more often now that we have our connection back up!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
4 weeks ago
Congrats on being in and semi-settled! And I totally know what you mean about the "holy cow this is OURS" feeling. I still do that 2 years after we moved in! Let me know if you'd like to come over for coffee or take all the pups on a walk together some time. We actually have a tie-out in our back yard but I still walk Stew most afternoons that it isn't raining. :)
ReplyDelete