Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Picking Colors: Living Room

We have gotten our living room in some semblance of order, in fact I finished painting it last week. I should have some pictures of the semi-completed living room tonight but in the meantime let me tell you about how we decided our color selections. We selected the living room paint color way before our house was done because we had the model to base our selection on. The paint color we selected is called Opal Silk by Behr:

It's a little lighter looking in person but I love it. It's bright and welcoming. We loved this color so much we decided our couch color on it. Voila:

Ikea's Karlstad modular couch in Kordal Medium Grey. While we were at Ikea we also found this rug:

So we have this rug and the couch as well as some white shelves for behind the couch (it'll make more sense in pictures). We knew that we needed to pick some colors to accent the living room, so we headed to Lowes and Home Depot to take a look. We brought home some paint samples and compared them to the couch and wall color and wound up selecting these two:

Top color is Tibetan Orange by Behr, bottom color is Caribe by Behr. The media stand is going to be the Caribe and the Tibetan Orange we used as a basis for throw pillows and wall decor. I'm really excited with how this looks together. Hopefully you will see it in tomorrow's post and like it as well!

1 comment:

  1. yay! I love painting, it makes a place feel so much more home-y. We picked a similar paint color for our main living areas, but we went a different direction doing various shades of blue/green for everything else. I'm still working on accent stuff though.

    Also-- I'm pm'ing you my email/phone # on wb :)

    ReplyDelete