Our entire house is beige. AKA blah. Now I admit we did pick beige as our paint "color" but it really is overwhelming to be in a house that is suppose to be yours and not have it really feel like yours. Our house feels more like a model than a home. It's not just all the beige, it's also all the rooms that are half empty because we just don't have furniture to put into them. This has turned my head into a scary place because every day I am making lists of things I want to do to make this house a home. And folks my lists are like scary long. So to help make us accountable and also get my thoughts organized I'm going to share the list of things I would like to get done. To help us out even more I'm going to highlight the ones I want to get done before our friend house warming (We are also planning on having a big family and friend house warming in the warmer months so our families can make the drive down if they want). This list is in no particular order:
Paint living room (Completed 1/12)
- Paint the front room, media room, office, and our bedroom
- Put mirrors in the hall and half bath
- Hang toilet paper holders and towel bar/circle
- Hang curtains and/or blinds in all bedrooms
- Re-cover black and white chair for living room
- Put legs on the record player stand to make it higher
- Make or buy a liquor cabinet
- Finish media stand for living room
- Unpack all boxes that aren't going into storage
- Hang mirrors, shelves, and decor in living room
- Buy an additional chaise for the couch and shelf for behind couch
- Buy a bigger TV for living room
- Figure out art work for front room
- Buy Star Wars posters for Andy's office
- Buy desks for Andy's office
- Make accent pillows for living room
- Get big TV and the old couch up into the media room
I know that there are more things I need/want to do but I just can't think of them all. I think I may have to start carrying around a small notebook and pen to keep track of things when I think of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment