Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Crazies

Not the movie. It's what I am currently feeling at the moment. A side note/disclaimer: The only reason I even feel okay posting right now is because at this very moment I'm doing laundry, washing a load of dishes and also getting in touch with potential homes for us to rent. Talk about multi-tasking.

Anyway, I am feeling the full-on crazies at the moment, there is just so much to get done and I start my new job in less than a week. We need to pack the entire apartment, I still need new identification with my new name (note to other newlyweds changing your name, don't put it off!), also to order my new credit/debt cards, oh and the kicker is we still are in need of a place to live. Haha, so yeah, as you can tell life is fairly crazy at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I am happy and excited about this move, but I am also a bundle of stress, nerves, and tension. I'm scared to death of moving away from my family and friends, but I am more afraid of staying here and not having a job. I'm worried about Andy and how this is affecting him, I'm worried about myself and how this will affect me. I have felt a hundred different things over the last few days since we found out and I'm sure I'll continue to feel those things. It's hard, every day the realization washes over me that next week I won't be living here anymore. That is just so mind boggling to me. It's this huge life-altering thing that we are doing and it's happening so fast. I guess I just haven't had time to fully process it and I don't know if I will have the time between now and next week. Gah. Crazy. I know it's our choice but it is happening so quickly.

Have any of you other newlyweds had some life-altering changes come at you fast? How did you process or deal?

3 comments:

  1. I felt that way after the wedding when oh EVERYTHING broke... our plumbing, our car, etc. I DEFINITELY had the crazies! Hang in there... you'll stumble through and land on solid ground. Promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found your blog on Weddingbee. I am so excited to start reading it and getting to know you better!

    Good luck with everything coming your way. You can handle it together!

    P.S. I'm from Ohio, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both of you! It's refeshing to hear it from an outside perspective. I mean I know it will be okay rationally but when you are in the midst of it all, you can't really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete