Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Dedication

Please press play before reading on.



 Nearer My God to Thee seemed appropriate, especially the lines: "Then with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,Out of my stony griefs Bethel I'll raise; So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee."

Last night, I had some devastating news, I learned that this world lost a great friend and my family lost a member. Our family dog, Madison, died. Madison had been battling cancer for the last month and the cancer won out last night. My sister and my mother fought hard to save her life but there was nothing more they could do. To many this may seem ridiculous, but to me it's like a death in the family because she was family. For twelve years she was there for us, she comforted us when we cried, she was excited with us when we were happy, and all the in between times she was there. Maddie was so sweet, so loving, so loyal and so fantastic, she was the best dog we had ever encountered and it is truly a devastating loss. We all loved her so much. I know that God gained a loyal companion in Heaven last night and I know now that she is free of her pain but I can't help but be a little sad that she's no longer on this Earth with us.

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers today. Thank you all so much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your family dog :( I know how hard that is. I hope everyone has been coping.

    ReplyDelete