Friday, November 5, 2010

Lame-O

Do you remember when you were a kid and it was around Christmas time (or another holiday or your birthday) and you were opening presents, digging into that pretty wrapping and finding some of the coolest things, only to reach one that wasn't so cool, like socks? Then you'd get that fake, frozen smile and say thank you, when really your eyes are saying "What the heck man? Where is the Barbie?" I know that you all know what I'm talking about, now the real question, when does that all change? When do the Barbie dolls and race cars turn into clothes and socks and other practical nonsense?

I say this because Andy and I are currently in the process of making out our Christmas lists to send to our families and I'm looking these over and thinking, really? When did I become so lame? Need an example:

Amanda's List
-Attachable book light for kindle
-The Talavera Split Ender
- Slipper Socks
- Gift Cards to Home Depot or Lowe's

Andy's List
- Sweaters size M
- Craftsman Standard Wrenches
- Big comfy socks (not slipper socks) wool/ not too itchy
- Knife from Bed Bath and Beyond registry

Seriously? We are lame. But in all honesty, it's cool because I'm probably more excited about some of these items then I was about toys when I was a little kid. Maybe I'm just boring or maybe I've grown-up and realized that practical gifts that I will use every day rather than just on Christmas morning are so much better. Oh, and just so you know, those aren't the complete lists, we really aren't that boring. I do have some fun items written down (some that I know for a fact I won't get but it's fun to dream, like a Coach purse), as does Andy but quite a few of them are just like the ones listed above and made me scratch my head.

So what do all of you want for the holidays? Are you practical or fun? Or are you like Andy and I and have a little mix of both?

1 comment:

  1. There are some great comfy wool socks at Old Navy right now for guys! Total 2nd job plug from me!

    ReplyDelete