My nephew on Halloween. Seriously, I die.
Anyway, you get it, I want a baby. I think a lot of newlyweds face this. We have both finally gotten into a routine, things aren't chaotic anymore, we've adjusted fairly well to being married and it is kind of like, now what? Well, Andy and I finally had a serious talk about this the other night in bed. (I love pillow talk, it's my favorite time of the day) and we both want kids, in fact we wouldn't mind a kid now. The key word there is mind, meaning if by some miracle of God we were to become pregnant we wouldn't freak out. We both know that we aren't ready to actively try for a kid, we probably won't be ready for a couple years. There are many reasons for this, but most of them come down to money. Our logical reasons behind fighting the fever are as follows:
- We would like to get completely out of debt, meaning all we have is student loans/ house/ car payments, no more credit cards. This seems like a good plan and completely do-able because we have a date in mind to complete this by.
- We would like to own our own house. This one seems like it might take longer than expected so I am kind of hoping that we can negotiate on this one. Meaning maybe we will be renting still until the baby is a few months old but after that purchasing.
- We would like to build up our savings. The reason behind this is that I would like to stay at home with our kids until they are in pre-school. This may change in the coming years but right now my income would cover the cost of daycare/a nanny and that's about it, maybe a bill or two. Looking at it this way, it seems like it would make more sense for me to stay home or at least work only part-time around Andy's schedule so that I am not working just to pay someone's salary.
Any other newlyweds struggle with baby fever? How do you deal with it?

So many times I see that child care is pretty much the same as the mom's salary!!! So I agree- staying home would be my choice and I think it's probably wisest too. We are struggling with WANTING babies but knowing we're not 100% ready either. I can't wait til we are, though!
ReplyDelete