It has been a slow week for progress on the house. We actually had a bit of a set back last Tuesday, someone broke into the new house and stripped the place of wire. Boo. Our contractor was really sweet, he had told us in an e-mail that only some of the wire was taken but we visited the site and all of it was gone. I think he didn't want us to worry, which was nice. Well that meant that the electrician had to re-wire the whole house, which is what was taking place last week. We did express to our contractor that we are a little nervous that we won't be done by the end of the year, but he assured us that it will be. Other than that little set back we have some other milestones:

If you can't see it, don't worry, I can barely see it too. I'll tell you for those of you as blind as I am, we have a front door, the cement has been poured for the front porch, the garage, and also in the basement. Not seen here but progress nonetheless, there is a furnace and some of the duct work! Woot! Not all that exciting but it's still something. Another picture for you before I sign off:
This is our beautiful park with downtown in the distant background. I love it!
Oh my gosh that is so scary that someone broke in and took the wire! I haven't ever heard of any break-ins in the neighborhood, although I guess breaking into an obviously unoccupied house is slightly less scary than someone breaking into an occupied home. I really think that you'll be in before the end of the year. They seem to move so fast towards the end it is crazy.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that is one of my favorite views here too! I also like when your'e walking down the street on the far side of the neighborhood opposite to where you and I live you can see the cityscape over the trees.
-Corgi/Rachel
You forgot to mention the garage door! (We drove by yesterday to take a peek!) Also totally unrelated, but we found a dog that was running out of your subdivision and into Taylor Station Rd. We drove/walked around forever looking for her owners, never found them. So then we took her to the model home and they called the humane society to pick her up. She was a sweetie pie and we wanted to take her home, but it was obvious she had an owner (she had just been groomed and had a fresh halloween bow in her hair). She also had a collar, but no tags. Why bother with a collar if you don't have tags??? Yeesh.
ReplyDeleteBut anyways, the front door and the garage door ought to keep the thieves out!