Thursday, October 13, 2011

Keeping the spark alive

Last night Andy and I had a date night, it was the first one in a long time. I don't mean to say we are hermits by any stretch, we go out a bit, but we are on a budget and have been trying to limit our date nights to simple things like Chipotle/pizza and a rental movie. Last night we actually got dressed up and went out on the town like it was a first date. I must give Andy props because he planned an excellent date night.

First we went to The Candle Lab, which allows you to create your own candle scent. There are all these different scents to smell and you go around and choose two or three to blend together. It was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again. Then we went to dinner at a French restaurant nearby called La Chatelaine, which was tres magnifique (sorry, I just had to). Then finally out for some ice cream for dessert.

I was really happy we did this because lately we have been a little stressed out with all the stuff for the house. Plus I think it's important to help keep the spark alive, getting dressed up for your spouse and spending some uninterrupted time together. It was just a wonderful evening.

How do you keep the spark alive?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sounds like a fun date night! I haven't been to La Chatelaine in years. I don't think that we make any particular effort regarding our "spark" but I think our natural habit is just to spend a lot of time together. Saturday nights are always date night for us and probably at least once or twice/month we go out alone and do something fun. But we also try to have themed nights at home. Like this month we're doing scary movie nights every friday night where we pick a few horror movies and pop popcorn and turn out all the lights and act like we're in high school again doing movie nights with our friends. :)

    ReplyDelete